Pages

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Poems, Short Easter Poems for Kids

Easter is a festival of joy, love, happiness and peace. It gives hope to all and its fragrance remains in hands of all. Let’s celebrate this Easter with good poems.


Short Easter Poems for Children



Happy Easter Poem #1

The Easter Bunny - by M. Josephine Todd, 1909

There's a story quite funny,
About a toy bunny,
And the wonderful things she can do;
Every bright Easter morning,
Without warning,
She colors eggs, red, green, or blue.

Some she covers with spots,
Some with quaint little dots,
And some with strange mixed colors, too --
Red and green, blue and yellow,
But each unlike his fellow
Are eggs of every hue.

And it's odd, as folks say,
That on no other day
In all of the whole year through,
Does this wonderful bunny,
So busy and funny,
Color eggs of every hue.

If this story you doubt
She will soon find you out,
And what do you think she will do?
On the next Easter morning
She'll bring you without warning,
Those eggs of every hue.


Happy Easter Poem #2

Easter Love - By Joanna Fuchs

On Easter we celebrate love,
love coming down from heaven,
love blanketing the earth
in a transforming embrace;
unique and infinite love,
giving more than we can imagine
for us, to cleanse our sin,
a perfect sacrifice, Lamb of God,
the walking, talking Word.
He is teacher, role model, friend,
this God in human form,
dying, then rising from the dead,
proving all who believe
will also rise
to have eternal life, with Him,
Lord of all.
Oh, Happy, Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Poem #3

More Like Jesus - By Joanna Fuchs

Let us be more like Jesus
In everything we do;
Let’s live a life of service,
A life that’s fresh and new.

Let’s relinquish worldly things,
And not be slaves to fashion;
Let’s fill our hearts with love,
Forgiveness and compassion.

Yes, let’s be more like Jesus,
Being always in God’s will,
For if Jesus’ light shines through us,
Our earthly purpose we’ll fulfill.

Happy Easter Poem #4

Easter Joy - By Joanna Fuchs

Jesus came to earth,
To show us how to live,
How to put others first,
How to love and how to give.

Then He set about His work,
That God sent Him to do;
He took our punishment on Himself;
He made us clean and new.

He could have saved Himself,
Calling angels from above,
But He chose to pay our price for sin;
He paid it out of love.

Our Lord died on Good Friday,
But the cross did not destroy
His resurrection on Easter morn
That fills our hearts with joy.

Now we know our earthly death,
Like His, is just a rest.
We'll be forever with Him
In heaven, where life is best.

So we live our lives for Jesus,
Think of Him in all we do.
Thank you Savior; Thank you Lord.
Help us love like you!

Happy Easter Poem #5

A loving reigning King! 

Five Brown Eggs
Five brown eggs in a nest of hay,
One yellow chick popped out to play.
Four brown eggs in a nest of hay,
Another yellow chick cheep-cheeped Good day.
Three brown eggs in a nest of hay,
Crack went another one, Hip hooray.
Two brown eggs in a nest of hay,
One more chick pecked his shell away.
One brown egg in a nest of hay,
The last yellow chick popped out to say,
Happy Easter Day!

Happy Easter Poem #6

Chocolate Rabbit 

I got a chocolate rabbit
For an Easter treat,
A great big chocolate rabbit,
Good enough to eat.
So I ate his ears on Sunday,
his nose I finished Monday,
Tuesday I nibbled on his feet.
I ate his tail on Wednesday,
Thursday I kept on,
By Friday he was going,
Saturday he was gone.
Oh, I loved that chocolate rabbit,
From the moment that he came,
And if I get another one,
I'll love him just the same.

Happy Easter Poem #7

Meaning 

The Meaning of Easter
Colored eggs and chocolate bunnies
A rainbow of jelly beans.
But how many people truly know
What Easter really means?
Easter is a time of promise
that God has given to man.
It’s the culmination
of His redemption plan. 

Happy Easter Poem #8

The Gift

What Easter Is
Sweet chocolate rabbits
Pretty spring flowers
Baskets full of candy.
A promise of the future
A gift to receive
A beautiful, perfect plan.
Winter now is over
Easter at last is here
Life has been renewed.
Poetry by Sharon Hendricks 

Happy Easter Poem #9

You're my Bunny 

You’re my bunny;
You mean everything to me.
You’re so sweet like honey
With your cute button nose
And your big brown eyes.
You’re my bunny
Without the tail.
I just have to say,
I love you bunny.

Happy Easter Poem #9

Something New

They signify the start
of something new.
A rebirth and a second chance
for me and you and you
Where the past is past and sins forgotten
and a bright future is in view.
A time for change, a time for change
There is so much to do
So gather the eggs one by one
And paint them all
And have some fun!

Happy Easter Poem #10

A Rite of Passage 

My friends and I,
Back in July
Looked forward to the day,
When colored eggs
All blue and red
Would be strewn across the way.
We’d have a great big Easter egg hunt
The garden would be searched,
Through trees we’d wend
And around the bend
Until our clothes were smirched.
Yes, we could not wait for Easter
Of this we all agreed
But until that time, oh so sublime
We'd be patient yes indeed.

Happy Easter Poem #10

Chocolate Eggs
I love them in orange, in green, white and blue
So many to choose from, it’s certainly true
But chocolate eggs are surely my favorite of all
I dream of them nightly from winter through fall.

I'm sure I could eat them all the day long
Sometimes I think I should write them a song.
I am certain I am not the only one who,
would prefer to eat chocolate eggs than wear my right shoe.
I’ll admit my sweet weakness is deliciously felt
My only concern is the chocolate will melt!

4 comments: